SmartCity Malta is designed to be a business hub for Malta’s knowledge economy, attracting both local and international companies. It is a joint venture between the Republic of Malta and SmartCity Dubai, where the Government of Malta has a 9% equity stake.
SmartCity is the international business parks arm of TECOM Investments and is envisioned to develop and manage a network of interconnected business townships across the world in order to replicate the astounding success TECOM has seen in its 11 business parks across 5 sectors in Dubai. These business parks attract 50,000 knowledge workers every day.
SmartCity Malta aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Making SmartCity Malta the leading hub for knowledge based clusters
- Creation of knowledge sectors jobs for the people of Malta
- Attracting FDI to the knowledge sectors
- Making a significant contribution towards increasing the share of knowledge industries towards Malta’s GDP
The Government of Malta has granted the Temporary Emphyteusis by title for 99 years. The total land allocated to SmartCity Malta is 316,707 square meters for developing a self-sustainable business township.
To date, SmartCity made a direct capital investment of €76 million in SmartCity Malta, confirming its strong commitment to the Malta project. In October 2010, SmartCity Malta inaugurated phase 1, which consists of 12,000 square meters of office space and is home to a number of international and local companies, including US technology giants CISCO and Hewlett-Packard, and a number of locally based firms.
SCM: Key Facts
Mr. Anthony P. Tabone - Chief Executive Officer of SmartCity Malta
Mr. Jaber Bin Hafez – Chief Executive Officer of SmartCity Dubai
- Laguna Walk is Malta’s definitive Dining and Entertainment Destination. Laguna Walk provides a space for families to spend quality time. Scenic terraced rooftops overlooking the Lagoon and the Promenade provide a range of leisure and dining options to suit all tastes.
- The first dancing fountain in Malta fascinates all visitors with its melodious dancing tunes and reaches 30 meters as its peak.
- An outdoor events area hosts a number of special events and entertainment attractions. -The Grand Steps provides picturesque, stadium-styled seating for these events that liven up the evenings at SmartCity Malta.
- SCM02 and SCM03 are two new office blocks right next to the breathtaking Lagoon and the Dancing
- Fountain with the total build up area of approximately 12,000 square meters.
- SCM04 and SCM05 are the two retail and F&B offerings overlooking the Lagoon and the Dancing Fountain.
- The total build up area is 6,500 square meters.
SCM business environment
- Most technologically advanced buildings in the region.
- Assured business continuity, with multiple levels of electricity and data supply redundancy.
- ICT infrastructure meets technical demands of mission critical digital operations.
- A Metro Ethernet network enables access to a bandwidth of up to 1GB.
- Enhanced 24/7, security and safety through a central campus management system.
- Intelligent Building Management Systems leading to significant cost saving.
- Total flexibility in office size requirements, including plug and play units for startups.
- Prestigious address offering corporate identity and huge networking potential.
- Top quality soundproofing and HVAC systems to ensure complete tenant comfort and safety.
- LEED certified buildings – green, sustainable and energy efficient.
- Ample parking facilities with designated disabled spaces.
- Onsite Business Conferencing facilities.